We know that children are often fussy eaters, which makes maintaining their diets healthy all the more difficult. As a parent, you want to make sure your child is getting the right nutrition, and that they are training their taste buds to eat more than just chicken nuggets and cheese sandwiches.
To help you get some more vitamins and nutrients in your child’s diet while you’re still working to persuade them to try new foods, we have this easy-to-make recipe, which is a favourite amongst the Strathpine ELC children.
Pea & Chicken Frittata
- ½ tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Eggs
- 200g Roast (or steamed) chicken, diced
- 1 cup Peas
- 1 large Potato
- ½ cup Grated Cheese
- Heat oil in a pan and add onions. Stir and cook until soft but not brown.
- Add chicken, peas and potato. Gently stir to heat through.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Place vegetables into an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle rated choose over vegetables.
- Out egg mixture over vegetables and cheese.
- Bake in an oven at 160°C for 30 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Serve with fresh bread.
At Strathpine Early Learning Centre, we ensure that your child is provided with tasty and nutritious foods, which are prepared on site daily. Have you tried any of our recipes? Do you have any suggestions or feedback? Please leave a comment on our Facebook page or send us pictures of your results!