Strathpine ELC provides daily meals, made fresh in the centre, each month we like to share one of the children's favourite snacks. Why not try this easy-to-make recipe at home!
Coconut & Raspberry Muffins
- 1 ½ cups Plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- 25g Desiccated coconut and extra to sprinkle
- 100mL Sunflower oil
- 1 Egg
- 150mL Coconut milk
- 150g Raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 30g Icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 200g C. Line a muffin tin with patty cups or grease well.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and desiccated coconut in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the oil, egg, coconut milk.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and gradually add and combine your wet ingredients.
- When the mixture is smooth, fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon into prepared tin and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
At Strathpine Early Learning Centre, we ensure that your child is provided with tasty and nutritious foods, which are prepared on site daily.
Have you tried any of our kid-friendly recipes? Do you have any suggestions or feedback? Please leave a comment on our Facebook page or send us pictures of your results!